How I met Trash Hero Malaysia.
I was actually planning to join the real event with Trash Hero Mersing yesterday morning at Mersing town (beach clean up). The program anyway was rescheduled to evening time, which was quite impossible for me to join them since I need to get back to Kluang before dusk. It's 2 hours driving anyways. So then, meanwhile I was still in Mersing. I went to Air Papan for the clean up. Not big, but I was happy doing it.
We must realize that littering is just adding up more issues to our environment. End up affecting our place to live where all over the surface are covered with trash. This includes single-used plastic like plastic straws and plastic bottles. How are we going to survive after 30 years? It is scientifically predicted that trash are fully covering our ocean by 2050 if human remain producing current number of 80 millions tonne plastics a year? Please wake up! The move should start now! Become one of the Trash Heroes, or start from our home to manage trash well using the correct platforms. Earth is the only we all have in common. So wherever we are right now, please take care of this planet together.
Love,
Masya.
It was a coincident when a few months back before July 2019, my family and I always visited Air Papan Beach, Mersing, Johor. Each visit brought me a question why there were always a tonne of trash left by the sea especially on weekends? Was it because there's no bins provided? Or it's just unmannered attitude of certain people to litter everywhere? The mentality of "oh, we have paid taxes to government. Let the cleaners do their jobs".
Highly grateful to be born in a family with good awareness about cleanliness and do not littering practice. There's no such things to throw trash outside the car, leave the full-bin at night, and even leave the trash when picnic. However, we can not see our practices must have been similar to other families.
1. There was a situation when I was still pursuing my degree in Arau Perlis, it was a day trip with Boat C2 fishermen to Payar Island, Kedah. I was helping the boatman to prepare our lunch, needed me to tear off about 10-12 small packets of fish curry and put them into the pot. It's my routine to gather the packets and combined with other existing trash in a plastic. To my surprise, the boatman took the plastic from my hand and throw it away right in front of me into the sea.
2. My classmates innocently throw the empty coca cola can out from the car while we were heading to morning class.
3. Still with the fishermen story, where I have an adoption family in Kuala Perlis. They are so well mannered persons. Do not get them wrong but it was a day I spent with other fishermen by the jetty. While we were having a conversation one evening, I witnessed again one fisher threw his empty teh tarik ais plastic into the river. Just like that!
There are many stories to tell that awareness is not easy to learn. It should start at home. Start from the family, from the parents to the children. From the older to the younger, then the attitude will be brought to the society and profit us all eventually.
I was actually planning to join the real event with Trash Hero Mersing yesterday morning at Mersing town (beach clean up). The program anyway was rescheduled to evening time, which was quite impossible for me to join them since I need to get back to Kluang before dusk. It's 2 hours driving anyways. So then, meanwhile I was still in Mersing. I went to Air Papan for the clean up. Not big, but I was happy doing it.
![]() |
| Famous trash you can get along the beach |
![]() |
| Under the sun. But not a big deal. Yeah.. |
![]() |
| Plastic again |
![]() |
| Plastic caps |
![]() |
| Heading to the provided bin |
![]() |
| Enjoy the view before home |
Time: 45 minutes
Area: 2+- km
Used diapers: 11
Shoe/sandal without pair: 16
Bottle plastic: countless
Trash weight: 10+- kgs (approximate)
We must realize that littering is just adding up more issues to our environment. End up affecting our place to live where all over the surface are covered with trash. This includes single-used plastic like plastic straws and plastic bottles. How are we going to survive after 30 years? It is scientifically predicted that trash are fully covering our ocean by 2050 if human remain producing current number of 80 millions tonne plastics a year? Please wake up! The move should start now! Become one of the Trash Heroes, or start from our home to manage trash well using the correct platforms. Earth is the only we all have in common. So wherever we are right now, please take care of this planet together.
Masya.






Comments
Post a Comment